Friday, April 11, 2014

Bacon!

So, I figured If I was gonna be at the biggest hot rod show in the country, I'm sure I'd see some motorcycle booths. And since it's Austin, I figured my buddy Bacon would be there. Sure enough, I spotted the DC Choppers bikes from the coffee vendor's airstream trailer. If you don't know Dan "Bacon" Carr then you won't understand just the kind of man he is. The Canadian James Dean as I like to think of him, Bacon is a motor-building mad man and builds some of the coolest choppers around thanks to his buddy that works with him ________ (totally forgot his name). Bacon is currently US distributor for Motortechnic Manufacturing, a Germany company that makes knucklehead cases, as well as some bitchin clutch hubs. Dan even put us up in his shop for the nite so we wouldn't have to sleep in a tent, and then introduced us to Opies BBQ- If you are ever in Spicewood, TX, you HAVE to eat there. Get the brisket, it's unreal!
 
Now, the bikes.
Yes, that is a radiator on the frame...



I believe this was the Drake kit, water-cooled knuckle.

Elf's slipper frame. 
Go to the Bacon Blog for more crazy stuff like this.


No comments:

Yup. We be on the INSTAGRAM trend too...