Sunday, December 9, 2012

What Ive been up to

So, I probably should have payed a bit more attention to my buddy Kelly's two words about Kansas when I first told him about coming out here: "Kansas blows." Yes, Mr.Rogers, you were quite correct. The small town feel may be great, but sometimes you just need some excitement and to see the old buddies from back home. I ended up having to stay here for Thanksgiving AND even more depressingly miss Kelly's holy matrimony to his beautiful bride Sam. Sucked. I'll be here in town dogsitting for a professor for Christmas for spare cash, but I'll be among old pals come the eve of the New Year. Can't wait. Miss you dudes.
 
 Here's a teardrop piece I've been workin on in my metal shop class. started out as a flat piece of Aluminium that I had to beat the ever-loving snot out of.
 
 Here's a section of a spare tire holder for a 1928 Stutz Blackhawk I'm trying to reproduce using a Dake PowerHammer with thumbnail shrinking dies.
 
 This is my mini-seat project in my trim class. Combines all the skills we learned throughout the semester into once complete project.
 
 So now, why not recover a chopper seat? more to come....
 
 Remember my truck? yea, shes apart for floors.... amongst other things....
 
 
 
And if Sal was a redheaded rapper from Queens, he might look like Action Bronson.
I've been hooked on this dude. Saw him on COC, looked him up, and can't stop listening. 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might a LS-based swap also be in the works??? Projects look good!

Tony d. said...

nah, keepin it traditional. 283cu in with a 3spd

Dusty said...

That towing setup is legendary!

Yup. We be on the INSTAGRAM trend too...