Friday, March 6, 2009

chill-eeeeee....

there was a time in my life when my main diet consisted of chicken wings, potato salad and homemade chilli. I was making this shit on a weekly basis. each pot was an experiment. I figured out that you could throw just about anything in chilli and it would still come out badass. so tonite i stopped by the pick-n-save on the way home and picked up a few things.

doooshbag made 9lbs of spectacular itallian beef that's been in the fridge for a while, so i figured it couldn't hurt to throw a half pounds worth in. add 1 pound ground beef, browned and a half pound cooked Applewood doublesmoked (double good!) bacon.

1 whole onion chopped, 1 whole red pepper chopped, 2 cubanelle peppers chopped.

i like my chilli hot, so i chopped about a half dozen jalepenos in there. 2 cans kidney beans. 1 14oz can chopped tomatoes, 2 8oz cans tomato sauce.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a cheater when i make my chilli. i buy two packs of the McCormick chilli mix as kind of a base and expand from there. i know i know... but its a great way to start and you can add whatever you want from there.

throw in a heap of minced garlic and it's time for the secret ingredient... one can of the beer of your choice... ok, so it's not that secret, but either way. I'm letting it marinate in the fridge overnite and i'll put it on the stove tomorrow on low and let her cook all day. stay tuned for the taste test. Peach Johnson will be here to give his review.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Yeah
Your food posts are easy and keep them coming
D

Yup. We be on the INSTAGRAM trend too...