Tuesday, April 7, 2009

so i had to take a break from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in order to pick up another book for my history class. the professor wanted us to do a book report on something that pertains to the curriculum: history post 1945. since we just covered the "counter-culture" of the sixties, i chose "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test". it's about Ken Kesey (author of "Cuckoo's Nest") and a bunch of hippies, bikers, and musicians that jumped on a bus and ran around the country dropping LSD as often as possible. definitely an interesting read, espcially when Tom Wolfe, author, attempts to describe the feeling of an acid trip.

4 comments:

mindpill said...

very good grasshopper........

Katy said...

Acid trips suck. I had one where I thought Fester (remember him?!) was Jim Morrison. No bueno!

Tony d. said...

fester, Jim morrison?!?! wow. haha! did he have hair, or was he a bald jim morrison?

Katy said...

I don't remember, to be honest! It wasn't good, that's for sure. And I think I remember going to some park and thinking all the leaves on the ground were broken glass. Needless to say, I don't do drugs anymore!

Yup. We be on the INSTAGRAM trend too...