Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"One of these days I'll quit...."

....one of these days." I sound like an old cigarette smoker, but rather than quit, I'm keep talking about one day getting this thing up and running again. It's a new year and my last post was half way through the summer time. Man, time flies. Since then, I've driven to Minnesota in a 57 Ford, and taken it all the way to Mobile, Alabama. Flew back to Kansas to hop on my bike and ride it up to Milwaukee for the summer, only to ride it back here for the fall semester. Spent the holidays in Florida, and now back in the miserable cold where Dorthy used to reside. It may seem like a long time if you still check this page... to me, it seems like a flash in the pan.

Don't know why I still come back to post things anymore. Seems most of it I'm just posting for my own amusement, and that's fine with me. Lot of these places have dried up since pocket technology has taken over. Yea, I'm on there, but only when I can find a wireless signal on a cracked iphone I carry in my pocket every once in a while. My real phone still has buttons, and frankly, I'm ok with that. I still remember swearing that as soon as I moved to Milwaukee I was getting rid of it and using a land line. 6 years later, and I still can't give the damn thing up. Ah well.

As for why I came back tonite... who knows. Me and Kev were shooting texts back and forth about the chopper scene and I kinda felt inspired. Not because we were getting all lovey dovey about the current state of affair... actually it was more the opposite. But, I'm not looking to get into that. More fun to just post up some pictures anyway.

Here's the '57 I was talking about. And the drive we were doing was a little even called The Great Race. This year, same car, Maine to Florida. Can't wait.

A buddy of mine from school Mike needed an excuse to leave town, so he joined me on the ride to Chicago before splitting off for Ohio.

Just outside Kansas City Missouri

Yea. You remember these guys.

Formerly known as Rikk and Michelle. Now know and Mr. and Mrs. Billings.

I know him as Alex. You know him as Ralph.

I can't thank these two enough for the hospitality they provided me for the summer, and the continued hospitality they always offer. Peter and Kristen running through the twisties. Thanks guys- I love you both.


The only picture I snapped at Hood Bush.

Funny. 30 years ago we would have been kicked off the property for leaking oil all over the concrete. Now were a great advertisement tool to sell motorcycles that are nothing like the ones we ride. Ah, marketing.

Babes and guns.

I'm betting you remember this place too.

Got to check out the 28th annual Hardtail party too before I had to split town.
 
Like I said, there's been plenty of days between the last time we talked, but don't think that means I love you guys any less...
 
For those I missed on my summer trip, I'm sorry. I know I can't go back in time to fix things, I can only hope to mend them and move on. Mandi and Weyland, I'm talking to you two. It wasn't anything personal, it was just bad timing, a lot of work, and a crazy summer. Chicago, I'm sorry I didn't get down to visit you guys either. Lately it seems I'm like a fart in a windstorm down there- gone before you can even smell me. I promise, we'll spend some quality time again someday.
 
....And to the one person I never knew I needed to see so bad, I'm sorry I missed you as well. If I knew then what I know now, the summer may have played out a little different than it did. I'm sure you'll never read this, but hopefully you won't have to.
 
and just so I don't end on a sappy note....
 
a few from the greatest time in some of our lives.
I'm certain you're tired of seeing these, but "Frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn."





 



 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Yup. We be on the INSTAGRAM trend too...