Thursday, February 18, 2010

suggested listening:

about 7 years back i had a fling with a girl from high school while she was home from college in New Orleans. super cool girl that i always wanted a shot with and finally got. Anyway, shes the one that got me REALLY deep into the blues. I was kind of a fan before, but i was addicted after she went home. I started buying all sorts of different albums from all sorts of blues guys. one of my favorites was and still is John Lee Hooker. More so than just Boom Boom, he had a swagger and a style all his own. I still remember playing this album in my truck and my buddy jumping in and asking what the hell i was listening to. 

buy this one. The first track gives me goosebumps as i dream riding over the golden gate bridge. 

 
 and this album is always on repeat in the garage.

busy busy lately. no pics of course, but i'll be checkin back in periodically. 
and don't worry, i didn't forget about the cuban recipes.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Yup. We be on the INSTAGRAM trend too...